Sunday, August 28, 2011

spatula on fire!

              I woke up today like I do every other day feeling completely famished.  So in order to get my tummy to stop moaning, I arouse from my bed and went into the kitchen to fix an omelet.  I got all the supplies out for making omelets, and quickly began preparing my meal.
              It soon came time for the flipping stage, so I picked up my spatula that was sitting next to the burner, only to find it on fire.  It freaked me out quite a bit actually.  I was running back and forth and frantically turning around in circles.  I then had a type of, epiphany, you could say.  I ran outside and turned on the hose full blast while still wearing my pajamas.  It was a rare sight you don't see everyday folks. All my neighbors were looking at me weird, it was a bit embarrassing. After coming inside, I looked over the burnt part and found some type of greasy stuff on it. 93% sure it came from the non-stick pam I sprayed on the frying pan.  7% sure that my brother put gasoline on the end of it just to make some type of entertainment for him to watch in the morning.
Lesson learned from this... Turn off the stove before panicking so your omelet doesn't end up burnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment