Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Poison Cooking!

        How many of you have ever played any of the Kingdom Hearts games?  Well you know how in, I think the 2nd one, the two dudes eat sea-salt ice-cream and talk about how yummy it is?  Well I found a video on how to make it on YouTube. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m927ZAEQg5Y) And since I had absolutly nothing to do I made seasalt icecream. 
        In the video the girl says something about whipping the egg whites till its firm... had absolutly no idea as to what she meant by that, so I just whipped them for 10 minutes. Boy o' boy did those things get fluffy.          After that the girl said the recipe called for a cream.  Didn't have any, so I substituted coffee creamer in for it. Big no no. Coffee creamer is not the same thing as cream.
       She also said to put just enough salt in it so it's salty but still sweat.  As I was pouring it, the lid fell off dumping in a a bunch of salt.  Yeah, you weren't going to be able to taste any sweetness whatsoever.
       Then I had to put in a vanilla extract,  I couldn't find any so instead I put in pure mint extract.  That stuff is so strong to the point of where I had to plug my nose.
        Sooner or later it was time for the food coloring, to make it look blueygreenerish.  When I was putting the drops in they looked so small compared to the mixture, so I poured in the whole container of blue and yellow.  After stirring it, I came to the conclusion that I probably didn't need to put that much food coloring in. It looked like the Jolly Green Giant threw up in a bowl.  Despite what it looked like, I still ended up putting it in the freezer over night.
        Today I was the first of my family and friends to try it, so I took a big spoonfull and put it in my mouth.  I got some good news and bad news.  Well actually good news and 2 bad news'. Bad news is it triggers your gag reflex.  2nd bad news if you have the guts to swallow it, it makes you deathly ill.  Seriously, i was puking for what seemed hours.  Good news is, if we ever need to imobilize the enemy just give them each a complimentary bowl of seasalt icecream and that should take care of everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment